One of the reasons I didn’t wear sunscreen on my face in my teens and twenties (aside from being oblivious of the dangers of not wearing it), is that I didn’t like the idea of layering another product on my skin. It just seemed like too much. And you know I had to leave room for plenty of pressed powder! Sunscreen just isn’t an option for me anymore, but I do like it to serve more than one purpose. Check out the top picks for multi-tasking facial sunscreens:
• Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 — This one scores high because of how quickly it absorbs and how soft it makes my skin feel. Beneficial antioxidant green tea helps protect while aloe vera hydrates and soothes. To have an SPF 30 in such a lightweight moisturizer rocks. Oily and combination skin will appreciate it!
• RoC Multi-Correction 4-Zone Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 — Multi-Correction is a true multi-tasker, providing multiple anti-aging benefits to the skin with high sun protection. If you’re concerned with forehead wrinkles, slackened skin around the jaw line, and dull skin–this is a great choice! Vitamin C and retinol help with both chronological and photo-aging, and shea butter softens. Dry and/or mature skin will soak this one up.
• Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid SPF 55 – Okay, so this one is technically just a sunscreen–but it truly does rank as a multi-tasker due to it’s texture. A few drops of this liquid sunscreen blends weightlessly into the skin, making it PERFECT for laying under makeup. The fact that it offers such a high level of protection makes it ideal, and it’s also available in an SPF 70. I will not be without this! It rivals Clarins UV Plus Day Screen SPF 40, at less than half the price. Normal to dry skin does best here.
• Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging UV Defense Regenerating Lotion SPF 50 — For being a little bit on the richer side of moisturizers, I find that this one absorbs pretty nicely into the skin and layers well under foundation as well. Olay has really stepped up their research and if this were in a prestige brand’s jar, I would never know it came from the drugstore! Anti-aging peptides, moisture, and an SPF 50 make this great for normal to dry skin.
• Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30 — You’re not left out if you have sensitive skin! Check the Everyday Protection Face Lotion out because it provides a broad physical sunscreen that’s less irritating than chemical sunscreens. It’s fragrance free too, so it’s ideal for sensitive skin needing hydration and a high level of protection.