There’s been some excitement over COVERGIRL’s new lipstick formula, Lip Perfection Lipstick is all set for release in January 2011. I had a chance to try it out a little bit early, and I’m ready to share it with you!
A collision of color and moisture has created perfection for lips. In a single stroke, lips are enhanced with rich, rewarding color and in just 7 days, the silk therapy moisturizers help transform lips to their smoothest and most luscious.
- These are very emollient and glide across the lip without any snagging. The color applies evenly and the color payoff for the price (about $6.99) is quite remarkable when compared to other lipstick formulas in the same price range.
- They feel very creamy/buttery and don’t leave the lips dry. They’re not waxy at all.
- I like that there’s minimal fragrance. There is however a slight scent that I just refer to as “lipstick smell”. While it’s nothing out of the ordinary, I wanted to point out that it’s less perfume-y than other brands I’ve tried.
- The lipstick tube itself is a little more on the luxe side, in contrast to the current COVERGIRL Continuous Color packaging. Lip Perfection also displays a fairly accurate portrayal of the shade you are buying on the end of the tube. (This reminds me of the old Max Factor Vivid Impact Lip Color that can no longer be purchased in the U.S.)
- I’ve only tried three of the 44 shades, but it sounds like there will be something for everyone with a good mix of browns, mauves, burgundies, nudes, lilacs, corals, roses, and reds. I can’t wait to see the full range.
Darling, Sweetheart, and Rapture:
When it comes to the 7 day claim that Lip Perfection will transform the smoothness of your lips, here are my thoughts: I believe that if you change your lip color/lip balm habit for 7 days with any brand—you’re going to see either a welcome or an unwelcome result. If I wear matte lipstick for 7 days and then switch to Lip Perfection, I’m going to be pleased as punch with how my lips feel. If I’m not wearing lip balm for a month and then I start wearing it for 7 consecutive days, I’m going to be thrilled with the result. So while I’m not discrediting Lip Perfection’s 7-day claim—I’m saying it’s all in how you look at it; is the glass half empty, or half full? In all honesty, the formula absolutely is hydrating and moist, there’s no denying that! It has shea, avocado, aloe, and silk proteins doing the dirty work, and those ingredients are indeed effective. But I just wanted to point out that the 7-day efficacy is really in how you look at things. In my opinion, with the feel and color payoff—Lip Perfection is a great drugstore deal and I do recommend checking the shades out once they launch.
EDITED TO ADD: Since this original post, I have participated in a 7 Day COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lip Transformation Challenge, be sure to check it out! (There are swatches of all 44 shades on Day 7)
An editorial sample was provided by the company and evaluated to determine my opinion of the product in this post. Please see the Disclosures page for further information regarding my policies for using editorial samples.