I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to break away from winter looks already! It may not officially be spring yet, but it’s time to go lighter and brighter. The bareMinerals Face Fashion Pure Happiness Collection might help you get there! I tried it out, and here’s what I discovered…
• Eyecolor in Happy (vanilla mint)
• Eyecolor in Wowza (grape royale)
• Mini Big & Bright Eyeliner in Indigo (purple ink)
• Blush in Chuckle (cheeky peach)
• Mini 100% Natural Lipgloss in Funnel Cake (pink apricot)
Not to be confused with the Happiness Collection from 2009, this one is very different—but super gorgeous all the same. (I still frequent the shades in that collection all the time!) What I love about the Face Fashion kits is that they’re affordable, they’re always on-trend, and they offer a tutorial on the inside cover. These shades are soft and wearable, with a nice pop of versatile purple that can be worn for a brighter eye look, or toned down for a more muted appearance—depending on the technique you use.
Happy can be worn as a wash of mint and won’t look as bright as the swatch, but I packed it on in the photos for color intensity—so don’t be afraid of it! Wowza is a vibrant grape shade that looks great when also worn as a liner on the bottom lash line (try using a wet eyeliner brush), and green eyes will look AMAZING paired with it. Chuckle and Funnel Cake are very soft apricot colors that will look perfect on all skin tones to give a fresh, pretty, and natural look to your complexion for spring.
What I liked…
- The price is $34 for the entire look.
- The blush, lipgloss, and eyeliner will translate well to your existing makeup collection for year-round looks.
- There’s a detailed tutorial on the inside of the box.
- “Pure Happiness” suits the collection well, it’s kind of hard not to smile when you see how the colors “perk” you up.
What I would change…
- I strongly desire the same sharpener & smudge-sponge feature that’s on the bottom inside cap of the full-size Big & Bright Eyeliner, on the mini versions. The shape/size of the component of the mini Big & Bright doesn’t allow the same benefit, and I really miss it when I use a mini.
That aside, I do think this is a great way to break yourself into spring looks—as most of the country shovels their way out of the snow!