As part of this great summer series from Philips, I get to share some of my beauty essentials for travel. Some of these may not be super exciting (and likely you’re already packing them), but some of them may give you an ‘a-ha!’ moment of your own, so I hope you find these simple tips helpful!
I always start out by packing my basics in a kit of clear plastic bottles like these…
It costs a small fortune to find the products I’m using in TSA-approved sized bottles, so I eliminate the stress and just make my own travel bottles with my favorite products at home! You can buy these empty travel kits at most mass retailers for about $10, so go for it! Even if you don’t fly with a carry-on bag, it will help prevent a checked bag from looking like this… (and we’ve ALL been there!)
Aside from packing the norm, like makeup and sunscreen, I like to add in a few essentials.
- A hydrating gel face mask to use immediately once I get to the hotel. Flying sucks so much moisture out of the skin, so it’s best to get the moisture levels and antioxidant defenses back up before exposing your skin to your sunny vacation.
- A deep hydrating hair mask. Why not get your hair wet while you’re laying pool or beach-side and apply a deep treatment? It’s not taking any extra time, and your hair will love it!
- Makeup removing wipes are a huge fave of mine to travel with. You can take them on-board the plane to re-freshen your face from all those hours spent in-flight, and they are great for when you need to quick change at the hotel!
- Ever since I first tried the Philips Satin Perfect, I knew I would be taking it with me for travel because it’s a portable, easy way to stay hair free on the go with a quickness!
Some total no-brainers for your summer travel plans…
- Sunscreen — one specifically for your face, and one for your body.
- Sunglasses that are a little larger so they better protect the gentle skin around your eyes.
- Scarf and hat — you’ll need these for the sun, don’t worry about them being cute! (But extra points if they are!)
- Lip Balm with a high level of SPF.
- Multi-tasking makeup products like cheek stains that can double as lip tints, and a durable waterproof eyeliner and mascara.
Tell me, what’s your beauty packing routine for travel?
Enter the Style Your Spring sweepstakes at beauty.philips.com for a chance to win fab beauty and style prizes!
Philips Satin Perfect is an innovative solution for women who are looking for a simple, at-home hair removal tool to ensure they are ready for any outfit at a moment’s notice. Satin Perfect is a cordless, total body epilator that removes even the shortest hairs in one stroke, so skin stays silky smooth for up to four weeks. It includes an extra-wide epilation head with textured ceramic discs to remove even the finest and shortest (.5MM) hairs. Visit www.Beauty.Philips.com for more information on Philips female hair removal products.