Going to the beach can be one of the most relaxing ways to spend a lazy summer day, and it’s also one of the least expensive activities to do here in Southern California! When inland temperatures rise, everyone heads to the coast to enjoy the sand and sun. But packing your beach bag with a few items first is essential. Coming home sunburned and parched is no way to end the day! Check out this short list of goods I recommend popping into your bag to make your next beach visit a total success!
More photos and details…
Hopefully, you’ve got a large tote bag on hand to use as your beach bag! This time of year, you can usually find basic ones really inexpensively at mass retailers, but in a pinch—even a backpack will do. Tuck these goodies inside:
- An extra large, fluffy towel or beach blanket.
- Sunscreen for your face and body is an absolute must! I prefer using sprays for my body, because I think they’re a little easier to apply in sandy conditions.
- A lip balm with SPF.
- Your favorite sunglasses, the bigger, the better!
- A camera to capture your beach memories. (Pack it in a plastic sandwich bag to protect it from sand and water while not in use!)
- Water and snacks. I usually like to pack 100 calorie bags of anything, because they don’t spoil and I still have room to grab a bite at a fresh local eatery to end the day.
- Several of your favorite glossy mags or a great book. I’m usually reading several things at once, so you know my beach bag is always full!
- Don’t forget comfy flip flops! (But you’ll probably leave the house wearing them.)
- If you have a beach umbrella, take it!
One of the things I always goofed on during my very active beach-going years, was shaving in the morning before heading to the beach. It seems like I never learned my lesson, because I always wound up feeling the burn on my legs from the salt water when I would go wading in the water. Take a tip from my misfortune, shave the night before, or better yet—use an electric shaver like the new Philips Satin Perfect epilator for total beach bare confidence!
Enter for a chance to win the Philips Beauty Style Your Spring Sweepstakes. Arrive in style with designer outfits, bath, and beauty accessories, and more at http://www.beauty.philips.com/.
Philips Satin Perfect is an innovative solution for women who are looking for a simple, at-home hair removal tool to ensure they are ready for any outfit at a moment’s notice. Satin Perfect is a cordless, total body epilator that removes even the shortest hairs in one stroke, so skin stays silky smooth for up to four weeks. It includes an extra-wide epilation head with textured ceramic discs to remove even the finest and shortest (.5MM) hairs. Visit www.Beauty.Philips.com for more information on Philips female hair removal products.