I don’t think braids have ever been hotter than they have been in the past few months! Made even more popular by the characters in The Hunger Games film, you’ll find some of the most complex braided hairstyles over on Pinterest. ‘Braid bars’ are popping up all over Los Angeles, where you come in with clean, dry hair—and you walk out with the braid of your choice. If that doesn’t say braids are popular, I don’t know what does!
If you’re more of a do-it-yourselfer, this is for you! Joico’s braid specialist, Alena Herwehe, shows us how to get two of her most-requested styles.
- Strengthen, protect and repair hair prior to braiding by applying Joico Color Therapy Restorative Oil on wet hair.
- Dry hair as usual.
- Separate a section behind your left ear and start by dividing hair into an ordinary 3-strand braid.
- After 4 weaves, drop one strand and gather a new strand of hair that pulls the braid in the desired direction. Repeat until you achieve desired length.
- Secure with a clear hair elastic.
- Finish with Joico K-PAK Split End Mender for ends that look lush and hydrated.
Bonus: Learn the Zig-Zag French Braid with these tips from Alena!