essie enters the nail wrap arena with their first-ever textured sticker collection. While I love to paint my nails (I find it really relaxing!), I also like the time-saving convenience of polish strips. They’re great for a quick manicure on the fly, and are a lifesaver for those who like nail art, but don’t want to pay hefty salon prices for more comprehensive designs. essie is taking the polish strip a little further, by adding three-dimensional textures and lavish patterns to their collection of new Sleek Sticks.
Essie Sleek Stick in Stickers and Stones
Available in 12 patterns, each strip is UV-cured, allowing the colors and textures to stay looking fresh for as many as 10 days. I’m on my second run of Sleek Sticks, at first trying the pretty peach-pearled “Glam it On”, and yesterday, I applied my favorite—“Stickers and Stones”. Application is pretty simple, too. What’s cool about these, is that the “art” seems like it’s professionally hand-applied. Everywhere I’ve gone in the past 24 hours, there hasn’t been at least one person commenting on how pretty my nails look. Prepare for your hands to receive positive attention!
I truly don’t know if these will last 10 days, as I had to remove my first set after day 4. With my current set, I’m going to stretch it as far as I can take it. If I can even make it to day 7, that will be impressive enough for me. Another thing I like? These remove without acetone! If you take cuticle oil around all of the edges and start to lift, these come off for me without damaging my nails.
How to apply:
- Ready your canvas — clean and shape your nails.
- Select the correct size sticker strip for each nail noting cuticle shape as well as width.
- Peel sticker away from the protective film. Try starting with the pinky nail – smaller is easier.
- Press sticker onto the nail, smoothing out any air bubbles, and file off the excess with the provided nail tool or file.
- Between sizes? Size up and remove excess sticker by contouring with a cuticle stick.
- You’re done! Just wait an hour before getting your hands wet so the stickers have time to adhere to your nails. For easy removal, apply essie’s apricot cuticle oil around the appliqué and simply peel off!
essie‘s tips: Create more depth and shine by applying one coat of essie’s good to go top coat after applying sleek stick
stickers. Or try mixing it up! Paint nails with your favorite essie polish and apply sleek stick stickers as an accent nail.
essie continues to impress me with their ability to be a little more fashion-forward, yet chic at the same time. I never feel like anything from essie seems cheesy or cheap-looking.
I’m really impressed with essie’s variety of prints and colors within the Sleek Stick collection, I just wish I had a little more wear with the first print I tried (Glam it On). Perhaps I would have gotten more wear had I used a top coat—but they are all pretty fab regardless! I have to say, this collection is my favorite of all of the nail wrap stickers I’ve personally tried thus far, and that’s saying a lot.
Price & Availability…
About $10.25 each, target.com, Target, drugstores and mass retailers nationwide