It’s here! Well, I should say, it was here. The RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection was released exclusively online on June 18th, to crazy fanfare as usual. At this time, according to the MAC website, everything is sold out except the lipsticks. So if you want a lippie, you may just be in luck!
RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection
Sorry for the delay and that this wasn’t up prior to the 18th, but I just received this on the 19th, and I’ve needed a good two days to tinker with it. Since I haven’t had it that long, please let this serve as less of a “review”, and more of a “first impressions” post.
A few things I noticed:
- RiRi Woo is still the same as the first release. Very stiff and dry with immaculate staying power. (review here)
- Heaux is not quite as stiff and dry as RiRi Woo which is a good thing, but still a little pulling.
- RiRi Boy had a beautiful finish, and didn’t dry my lips out at all. I thought it was easy to apply.
- Hibiscus Kiss Powder Blush Duo is my favorite! It’s a satin, but still leaves a soft sheen. That coral blush shade is out of this world, and the neutral bronzer is a great color for everyone without looking chalky in my opinion.
- Barbados Girl Lustre Drops are gorgeous! Its rose gold sheen looks great with just a little touch blended in with my foundation for a healthy, warm glow. It can still be used other ways, but that’s my favorite.
The shades & breakdown…
RiRi Woo — matte cool red
RiRi Boy — matte vivid lavender
Heaux — matte berry
Lustre Drops — Barbados Girl (rose gold bronze)
Hibiscus Kiss Powder Blush Duo — Hibiscus Kiss (cool coral blush & matte neutral bronzer)
Hibiscus Kiss Powder Blush Duo
Top: Heaux — matte berry
Middle: RiRi Woo — matte cool red
Bottom : RiRi Boy — matte vivid lavender
Lustre Drops – Barbados Girl (rose gold bronze)
Hibiscus Kiss — Top: matte neutral bronzer
Bottom: cool coral blush
Price & Availability…
UGH! Looks like everything except the lipsticks are currently sold out on MAC website. Fingers crossed for a second release! (I have no confirmation of that at this time, just wishful thinking.) Prices: Lipstick—$15, Powder Blush Duo—$26, Lustre Drops—$20