Inspired by Disney’s Tinker Bell
This is a new collection from Nicole by OPI, inspired by one of my favorite childhood characters, Tinker Bell. The Tink Collection features six new limited edition shades, and I’m so sad I only have four of them to share—because I feel that the two I’m missing are what pull this collection together and really make it “Tink”!
The shade breakdown from Nicole by OPI:
- Pixie Glitter* — This clear gloss is sprinkled with tiny rainbows.
- How Fairy Nice of You!* — This sweet pixie pink gives me wings.
- Tink’s in the Pink — This happy fuchsia makes me, well…happy!
- Sweet on Pete — This lime green is the “key” to Pete’s heart!
- Fairy Fairy Quite Contrary — Not, it’s NOT orange…it’s tangerine. So there!
- Half Charming / Half Alarming — This coral is perfect when you’re feeling unpredictable.
* not pictured
A few things I noticed…
- Sweet on Pete is definitely a three-coater. After two, it was just okay, but needed a thin third to compensate for its thinner formula. This shade also stained my nails slightly, so I gently buffed it off.
- Fairy Fairy Quite Contrary had a nice flow and consistency, and leveled easily. The first coat had me worried, but after the second and top coat, all was fine.
- Half Charming/Half Alarming is kind of a chameleon. It’s like it wants to be a creme, but it’s not in my opinion. Not quite a jelly, not quite a creme, I’m dubbing this one a gloss. It has a thinner formula, but looks great after two coats.
- Tink’s in the Pink is your typical creme formula, two coats for me, and all was fine.
(All swatches shown with Seche Vite top coat.)
Sweet on Pete — bright lime green creme
Fairy Fairy Quite Contrary — bright tangerine creme
Half Charming/Half Alarming — red-coral gloss
Tink’s in the Pink — medium bright pink creme
It’s really hard for me to give this collection a final evaluation, because I feel I’m missing two of the shades that make this a real “Tink” collection: Pixie Glitter (rainbow holo glitter in clear base), and How Fairy Nice of You! (sweet pixie pink creme). Had I seen those, and been able to use Pixie Glitter on top of these shades, I might have gotten more of a Tink feeling, and maybe a little more excited than these four shades make me. Sorry!
Price & Availability…
This limited edition collection will be available July 1, 2013 for $7.99 each at select Walgreens locations nationwide.