Over the past few weeks, I’ve been testing the two leading moisturizing body washes on the market, to see how one stacks up to the other—Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter, versus Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash. You would think they would be almost the same, but I found out that they weren’t!
For 7 days, I used the Dove. I waited a few days, and exfoliated really well. Then, I used the Olay for 7 days. Now it’s time to share the results!
For those unfamiliar with these two products, here’s the skinny:
- Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash is a conditioning body wash with a unique blend of hydrating ingredients. It promises 2x the lather of the leading body wash, and has over one jar of Olay moisturizers in a single bottle.
- Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash promises to nourish the skin deep down, while rinsing clean. It also boasts a rich lather while cleansing, without stripping the skin.
The lather test!
- After one use of the Dove, I felt like my skin had a film on it. It wasn’t very comfortable, and it wasn’t the “clean rinse” that Dove promises.
- I wasn’t crazy about the fragrance. While it’s not horrible, it’s not my favorite.
- The lather was decent, but not any richer than my other body washes.
- On day four of using the Dove, someone remarked how dry my arm felt when they touched it. That sealed the deal for me; I didn’t find it very moisturizing, and when someone else mentioned it (who knew nothing about what I was doing)—I knew I wasn’t imagining things.
- My skin slightly itched.
- After one use of the Olay, my skin felt clean after the rinse.
- The fragrance is very appealing to me—rich, clean, and creamy.
- The lather is nice and rich, definitely a noticeable difference than the Dove and some of the other body washes I own.
- After one use, I had no tightness to my skin. After several uses, my skin felt hydrated, without any residue. I think the shea butter works out to be a better moisturizer for me than the oils in the Dove.
- My skin did not itch.
- Mr. Beauty Junkies remarked how much he liked it (he didn’t even know there was a challenge), and he’s a pretty harsh body wash critic.
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter is what I personally prefer over the Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash. My skin didn’t feel grimy or itch like with the Dove. I avoided body lotion during the few weeks of trial, just to make sure one worked better than the other for me. With the Olay, I felt like the hydration lasted all day. Knowing what I know now, if these were sitting next to each other on the shelf at the store, I’d definitely pick the Olay.