With one of the best selling Christmas albums of all time, songstress Mariah Carey partnered up with OPI for the second time this year, for the new Mariah Carey Holiday Collection for 2013. With 18 shades to choose from, let’s take a closer look…
“This holiday season is all about red, glitter and texture for nails,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “With 18 shades, there’s a perfect hue for every occasion. The 12 crème and glitter lacquers include classic reds, champagne gold, and warm burgundies, while the six Liquid Sand shades should be worn without top coat for a matte finish in icy, frosted colors.
Baby Please Come Home, Kiss Me at Midnight, Make Him Mine
Just in case you haven’t tried a Liquid Sand shade before (there are six in this collection), they’re meant to be matte texture finishes, so skip top coat with them.
A few things I noticed…
- I Snow You Love Me isn’t very easy to work with. You’ll definitely need to dab the glitter on, as it doesn’t lay down easily with a brush stroke. Since the glitter is so large, the pattern it lays down is kind of sparse.
- The consistency of All I Want for Christmas is OPI seemed just a little thinner than the rest of the shades, but not overly troublesome.
- The Liquid Sand shades work best if you allow the first coat to dry completely before applying the second.
- My favorite shades are Warm Me Up, and Make Him Mine.
- I thought Emotions was out of place at first and it didn’t make sense, but then I remembered about Santa leaving a lump of coal, so it’s kind of cute.
Ski Slope Sweetie, Warm Me Up, I Snow you Love Me
Silent Stars Go By, It’s Frosty Outside, Emotions
Underneath the Mistletoe, Sleigh Ride for Two, Visions of Love
All I Want for Christmas is OPI, Cute Little Vixen, In My Santa Suit
(2 coats of color and top coat, with the exception of the Liquid Sand shades)
Silent Stars Go By — sparkling blush Liquid Sand
Make Him Mine — sparkling rose gold Liquid Sand
Kiss Me at Midnight — sparkling ice blue Liquid Sand
It’s Frosty Outside — sparkling frosted silver Liquid Sand
Baby Please Come Home — sparkling lilac Liquid Sand
Emotions — sparkling coal Liquid Sand
Ski Slope Sweetie — golden pearl
Warm Me Up — spiced coffee pearl
My Favorite Ornament — pale blond gold glitter
Wonderous Star — gold fleck shimmer/glitter with black
I Snow you Love Me — round holographic glitter in transparent base
All Sparkly and Gold –antique gold glitter
In My Santa Suit — bright red pearl
Sleigh Ride for Two — dark chocolate pearl
Underneath the Mistletoe — candy apple red glitter
Cute Little Vixen — red-violet pearl
All I Want for Christmas is OPI — maroon-red creme
Visions of Love — rich burgundy creme
What’s your favorite shade?
Price & Availability…
Professional salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) each.