It seems like everyone is doing it—they’re making the chop to a pixie, and it couldn’t be hotter. Graceful beauty Halle Berry has rocked her pixie for ages, and I’ve always admired her for it. She’s always been so confident and kept it looking current. But now there’s a new crop of Hollywood starlets making the cut with this hot trend. Just recently, we have Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Hudson, Kristin Chenoweth, and even Beyonce committing to the style (even if it was for a minute). And what a committment it is!
In the 90’s, I had a pixie, and it was actually a very high-maintenance cut. Sure, it’s easy to style in the morning with the right products, but go a little overdo for your cut and you can look like Shaggy from Scooby Do! One thing I did to keep it looking great (besides regular trims) was use products that gave it a lot of shine; from my shampoo and conditioner, to my finishing products. I’ve always thought the healthier and glossier a pixie looks, the better. It seems that celeb stylist Charles Baker Strahan is completely on the same page.
- The pixie cut works really well for a variety of hair types and strengthens and brings out any woman’s beautiful facial features—but you always want to make sure you have shiny hair to compliment these features.
- What’s great about a short style is that the shape is already built into the cut, so shine is key to highlighting the health of the hair and showing off the shape of the cut.
- The Argan Oil essences in the Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Collection aid in styling short hair by providing a healthy and shiny base with lightweight body that won’t weigh short hair down.
- The short ‘do can be styled a variety of ways; create a deep side part with a fringe, a piecier, more textured style or slick hair back for a sleek, sophisticated look. However you style your hair, what’s great about a short cut is that it takes practically no time to dry!
- To finish your style, spritz the Herbal Essences Honey, I’m Strong Silkening Spray for a touch of added shine or add dab of the Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Anti-Frizz Crème to ends to seal in a frizz-free style.