Have you guys tried GLOSSYBOX yet? I feel like I’m probably one of the last people to try them out! I’ve always heard really good things about monthly GLOSSYBOXES, but I really don’t order many monthly subscription boxes anymore — and I’ll tell you why. The few times that I have ordered from other beauty subscription companies, I’ve been pretty disappointed by the assortment of items. Mostly, I’ve received foil packets of samples, teeny-tiny mini sizes, and very few full-size products. But a-ha! The kind folks over at GLOSSYBOX sent me the February 2017 edition to try out. And let’s just say, it’s a pretty darn good value.
I’m really impressed by the presentation of the GLOSSYBOX. I know it may sound kind of silly to get excited about a box itself, but by seeing how pretty it was on the outside, shows me the amount of effort they put into curating their boxes. The box is sturdy, and I’m definitely going to re-purpose it. I appreciate the pretty paper and ribbon, and the attention to detail on the box lid. It’s a gorgeous pink rose print, and you know how I’m feeling about roses lately! What a great theme for what’s inside for the month.
Ready to see what’s inside February’s offering?
Look at those full size products! I believe it’s actually three full-size products, and two generous deluxe sizes. That works for me! The reason I say I think it’s actually three full-size products, is because the L’Eau De Rose fragrance is a full ounce, and it was made specifically for GLOSSYBOX according to the packaging insert. I don’t know if they would sell it in a larger size or not — so I’m going to consider this one ounce bottle a full-size product.
The product breakdown…
- Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat — This retails for $30, and is full-size. I’ve had experience with this product before, and I truly like it. It gives your natural nails a really pretty, glossy sheen with a hint of sheer pink that slightly accentuates your nail bed — giving a hint of a healthy hue. It’s simple to use, and also strengthens natural nails.
- Jeanne Arthes L’Eau De Rose Eau de Parfum — This is that gorgeous fragrance that I mentioned above! It’s not your Grandma’s tea rose perfume — it’s a really refreshing and modern rose scent that I don’t find to be overbearing. Very romantic, and certainly lovely. If you like rose-scented goodies, you’ll probably be happy with this as well. This Eau de Parfum was created exclusively for GLOSSYBOX. I’m pretty sure at one ounce, this is the full size of this spray. If not, it’s a generous start!
- Eve by Eve’s Conditioning Smudge-Proof Gel Eyeliner (black) — Look at this — ANOTHER full-size product! In full disclosure, I have not had a chance to try this out yet, but I pulled up some reviews, and I read encouraging things about the performance of the gel liner. This particular product retails for $35, and contains skincare-worthy ingredients to condition the lash line. Some boxes may have received a Cream Blush, Loose Powder, Drama Luxe Conditioning Mascara, or an Eyebrow Definer instead. I believe the choice of these items are at random, but I don’t mind because I would have been happy to try any of the above!
- Estée Edit Pink Peony Overnight Water Pack — This is a generous deluxe size, and should be plenty for several uses to see if you like it enough to purchase the full size. It’s a water-gel mask, and it contains pink peony, goji berry, blueberry, cranberry, and hyaluronic acid. I’ve applied it as a nighttime moisturizer, and it kept my skin and neck hydrated while my skin is doing its repair work as I sleep! I’m curious to see how this performs with a few more uses. (There’s also a coupon code in the box insert for 15% off the full size product.)
- Schwarzkopf Professional BC REPAIR RESCUE Deep Nourishing Treatment — This is a generous, deluxe size that is good for about three uses. (My hair is just above my shoulders, and is dry, color-treated, and fine in diameter. The product actually states it’s for normal to thick hair.) You apply it to freshly washed hair, and allow to penetrate for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. It smells kinda fancy! In the February box, you’ll receive one of four random options; in which the others are the BC Excellium Taming Treatment, the BC Smooth Perfect Smoothing Cream, or the BC Moisture Kick Beauty Balm. I’m honestly not familiar with the rest of the products, but I really like the BC REPAIR RESCUE, because just leaving it on for five minutes — then rinsing — leaves my hair silky, shiny, and smelling yummy.