Have you noticed that Clairol Natural Instincts has gotten even better? I know I’ve reviewed the traditional Natural Instincts demi-permanent hair color in the past, but recently, the line was updated! It now includes the Natural Instincts Vibrant Collection, which is a permanent hair color option that comes with a Week 2 Color Refresher. And while the formula for the traditional Natural Instincts demi-permanent version hasn’t changed at all—you’ll find the addition of a Week 2 Color Refresher inside too. Say goodbye to lackluster hair, and hello to refreshed color!
I recently changed my base color, and I’ve been able to maintain it at home with #28 Nutmeg/Dark Brown. For my own hair, I continue to use the traditional demi-permanent line as a personal preference—I find it works fantastic for covering my greys and it doesn’t take a lot of time. It processes in just 10 minutes, is ammonia-free, and I love the shine it gives my hair, not to mention—I always get a perfect match!
How will you know which version is right for you? Let’s take a look at the differences between the traditional Natural Instincts and the new Natural Instincts Vibrant line to help you decide!
Traditional Natural Instincts demi-permanent hair color (brown box)
- Demi/semi-permanent hair color that gradually washes out after 28 shampoos with no line of demarcation/root line—less commitment!
- Processes in just 10 minutes
- You can’t go lighter on hair with pre-existing color with this since demi/semi-permanent hair color only deposits color, but you can enhance or add subtle color to your hair’s natural color
- Will cover hair that’s up to 50% grey
- Comes with the new Week 2 Color Refresher color treatment to help refresh color—this replenishes the color tones that tend to fade over time, to extend the life of your shade in just 5 minutes
- Available in 36 antioxidant-rich shades for healthy-looking, shiny hair
- Costs about $8.99