Just when you thought MAC was finished collaborating with Rihanna, along comes a new Viva Glam lip collection for 2014!
In case you didn’t know…
As always, every cent from every Viva Glam lipcolor goes directly to the MAC AIDS Fund. The organization helps women, men and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. I’m forever a Viva Glam fan!
Just one Viva Glam Lipstick can equal…
- 1 rapid oral HIV test
- 8 nutritious, home-cooked meals
- 1 school stationery starter pack for a child orphaned by AIDS
- 1 vegetable garden starter pack for a community garden
- 2 safer sex kits
- 1 month of personal transportation to and from doctors visits
- 2 hours of childcare for a woman during a medical appointment
- 14 blood glucose monitoring strips
- 1 pair of shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS
- …and more!
Good incentive, right?
The Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick is a super creamy blue-red shade (MAC’s description) with a little bit of frost/lustre. I think the end-result shade on the wearer depends on lighting situations and skin undertones. There were some times I felt it looked more cool than others, and the frost wasn’t easy to pick up with my camera. It’s there, but I think it’s quite slight. I think my lipstick swatches actually turned out a little warmer than they really should have, so please also take that into consideration. [Read more...]