I’ve been testing so many foundations lately — so I wanted to make sure to show you this one since I thought it was a little different than the ordinary. This is the Laura Geller Baked Liquid Radiance Foundation with Color Correcting Pigments. (More on that cool compact with pretty products you see there in a few.) The foundation launched a few months ago, and I’ve worn it several times.
It comes in a 1 oz. bottle, which has a pump that I think dispenses the perfect amount of product in one-to-two pumps. What makes it most unique however, is the process in which the foundation is made! The scoop is that the pigments are baked on terracotta tiles for 12 hours. After baking, the pigments are jet-milled into a super fine spheres of color correction particles. This process yields pigments that are supposed to stay true all day.
After that, water is infused with vitamins and botanical extracts to help benefit the skin. Here’s what’s inside:
- Aloe vera moisturizes and soothes
- White Tea extracts (found in all Laura Geller Baked products) provide antioxidant protection
- Black Currant Seed Extract & Hibiscus hydrate, condition, nourish, and soothe
- Vitamin E hydrates and protects
- Optical light diffusers add a glow to the skin, and blur imperfections
Next, it’s all combined with the enriched water base to create a weightless foundation texture for your skin. Wah-lah! [Read more…]