This post is sponsored by Jergens®
If you’re like me, sometimes you have to forego what I like to call a “real” vacation for a staycation. For me, a staycation means exploring what’s in my own backyard — whether it’s a scenic picnic spot, new walking trail, or reading a good book on my balcony, I can always find ways to keep myself busy for a few days. I can’t hop on a plane and go wherever I’d really like to be (Hawaii ALWAYS sounds good!), but we can save a lot of money and just chill out at home when we have to. Here’s a little bit of what I’m doing!
First, I have to prep! I’m extremely lucky to live in Southern California, and the sun shines here more often than not. That means I wear sunscreen consistently, and can stay tan safely, year-round with self-tanner. (You should opt for the sunless method too!) Jergens® recently introduced three products to easily make that happen; their Natural Glow® Color Primer In-Shower Scrub, Natural Glow® Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse, and Natural Glow® Tan Extender Daily Moisturizer. I’ve been able to use all three with great success!
Left to right: With/Without
Since I’m so fair, I opted to go with the Light Bronze shade of Jergens® Natural Glow Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse (it’s also available in Dark Bronze). I did one application on two consecutive days to perfect my tone to something that was more believable and natural looking for me. But the product that really sealed the deal was the Natural Glow® Tan Extender Daily Moisturizer. It smells incredible, keeps my skin hydrated with the help of cocoa butter, and maintained my self-tan for the week (with just a touch of self-tanner included) — without letting my self-tanner look patchy as the days went by.
Having a relaxing staycation can be pretty easy in these parts, so I didn’t have to look far. I promise I’m not bragging! I hope you can incorporate some of these ideas into your own staycation adventures.
For my successful staycation…
- Reading material! What’s a staycation without your favorite magazines and a good book? I even borrowed Gone Girl so that I could finally read it. (I saw the movie first.)
- Bright nail polishes so I can give myself a mani when I need some quiet time. Painting my nails is seriously my favorite activity when I just want to be calm and content.
- Fresh veggies for grilling, and fruits for snacks. The pineapple and strawberries at our Farmers Market right now are delicious! Don’t underestimate a morning at your local Farmers Market (and grab yourself some flowers while you’re there).
- Iced tea — my favorite staycation drink! You can do a tropical cocktail or two, but I wanted something super refreshing. I’ve got a freezer full of ice and several lemons on-hand at all times.
- Google areas of interest in the area you’re unfamiliar with, and go there! Walking trails? Check. Museums? Check. Walk around and act like a tourist? Check!
- Have a few friends over for a barbeque.
- Read poolside (with my realistic faux-tan), fave sunglasses, and a good amount of sunscreen.
Wish you were here! What are your favorite things to do on a staycation?
Life’s too short to spend hours in the sun. Tan in an Instant with the Jergens® Instant Sun™ collection. Use the Jergens® Glow Advisor today, and receive a $1 off coupon!