I think we all have that little black dress that we feel good in, and maybe you even have a little section of your closet that’s designated for the clothes that make you look and feel your best. (I know I do, even though it’s a very small section!) What I also have, is a foundation “wardrobe”. I have a drawer in my makeup area that is designated to hold just the foundations and primers that make my skin look and feel its best, depending on the occasion. I feel like in that department, Laura Mercier is the foundation expert.
I have a favorite designer that makes jeans and dresses that fit my body the way I like, and Laura Mercier is one of my favorite “designers” that creates complexion and makeup pieces that suit my skin perfectly—depending on my mood, desired look, and occasion. Let’s take a closer look at those complexion faves of mine!
For me, it all first starts with a foundation primer. I love…
- Foundation Primer Radiance — This adds the most gorgeous, flattering pearl glow to the skin without going overboard. As I age, I think the key to keeping my skin looking youthful, is to keep it looking radiant. This primer does the trick! It adds a pretty soft-focus glow to my skin, and I prefer to wear it with foundations that give full coverage, so that my skin doesn’t look dry or “flat”. It’s a neat little trick, especially if contouring and highlighting isn’t your thing! ($33)
- Foundation Primer — Laura Mercier’s original Foundation Primer is an easy, no frills, lightweight gel that you apply prior to any foundation to keep the color of your foundation true, and to promote beautiful, long wear. I love this under her Tinted Moisturizer, because it doesn’t add any weight to my skin—especially because I reach for the Tinted Moisturizer when I’m looking for protection and lighter coverage. It feels and looks invisible, but keeps everything in place. ($33)
In the foundation/coverage department, I choose…
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer — When it comes to tinted moisturizer, I don’t think there are any better than Laura Mercier! I’ve been wearing it for decades! I prefer the original version—it has the perfect amount of hydration, SPF 20 protection, and color payoff on my skin. It offers light coverage, but is totally buildable. I love the natural, healthy dewy look it gives my skin, and makes my skin look polished in just seconds. My shade in the Tinted Moisturizer is Blush. ($43)
The key to a flawless face is applying foundation and coverage products only where you need them, to get the most natural look. Also, try working with your fingers since they often make the best tools! You don’t need any special applicators or brushes while applying these products.
Wearing Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 in Blush, Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara, and Pink Pop Lip Glacé.
- Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide — This is the newest innovation in the Laura Mercier complexion line, and it’s so beautiful! Naturally matte and oil-free, you’ll want to shake this dual-phase liquid for at least 10 seconds. Then, apply just a few drops on the back of your hand and apply with fingertips, blending from the middle of your face, out. A little of this product goes a LONG way to blur imperfections. It’s very pigmented and it doesn’t take a lot of it to get coverage. I love that nearly any skin type can wear this formula since it’s so forgiving. If I want full coverage, I apply it directly with my fingers. If I want to tone it down a little bit, I’ll moisten a sponge and softly blend it out to sheer it down just a touch. With 24 shades available, I just know you’ll find a match! My shade is Ivory. ($48)
Wearing Laura Mercier Foundation Primer/Radiance, Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide in Ivory, Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara, and Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Créme Coral.
A few other Laura Mercier goodies to complement your flawless face…
left to right: Bare Baby, Nectar, Pink Pop, Orchid
- Laura Mercier Lip Glacé — These high-shine and nicely pigmented glosses aren’t sticky, and they feel great on my lips. They suit all skin tones and offer long-lasting color and shine. ($25)
left to right: Rosegold, Amethyst, and Tuxedo
- Caviar Stick Eye Colour — Eyeshadow does not get any easier than this! These creamy color sticks are available in 23 beautiful hues and glide along the eyelid smoothly for long-wearing color. Try sheering them out with a fingertip for a sheer wash of color, or you can even wear them under powdered shadows to anchor them to the skin. I especially love Rosegold—what a beautiful everyday shade! ($28)
left to right: Spiced Rose, Créme Coral, Red Amour
- Créme Smooth Lip Colour — The ultimate in comfortable lipstick, this luxe formula gives me full coverage in a single swipe, without the pigment drying my lips after several hours of wear. Very creamy, and long-wearing! ($27)
The finishing touch…
- Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara — I can really build up the volume and length with this, without any clumping! It also holds a curl to my otherwise flat lashes all day, sans flaking. Available in black, I think it looks shiny and voluminous on my puny lashes! I’m wearing it in both full-face photos above. ($25)
Join the Laura Mercier Instagram Challenge!
Show them your fresh face for a chance to win $1,000 of Laura Mercier products. Use the hashtag #LMFlawlessContest